Launched in January 2018, ecoBirdy is looking back at a successful first year winning five international design prizes and being invited by more than ten exhibitions and museums to showcase pieces of its debut collection. ecoBirdy’s story also went viral reaching over 21 million views on the self produced video.
In Australia Good Design Award 2018 praised ecoBirdy for “its outstanding Design and Innovation” finding it “a simply wonderful design story, a project that will influence the prosperity of our world”. 2019 German Design Award reveals ecoBirdy as winner for the “excellent design” of chair Charlie, while Henry van de Velde Award – the most important Belgian design prize – announced ecoBirdy winner of the category “Ecodesign”.
V&A Museum of Childhood – UK’s National Museum of Childhood which is the largest institution of its kind in the world – has selected ecoBirdy chair Charlie to be added to its permanent collection of children’s furniture pieces. Other exhibitions and museums that have invited ecoBirdy to showcase pieces of its collection include Taiwan Design Expo in Taichung, REHOGAR Exhibitions all over Spain, Indonesian Contemporary Art and Design Festival in Jakarta, Museum of Art and Cultural History Dortmund, Giult Free? Exhibition by FranklinTill at London Design District.
– Australia Good Design Award 2018, Category Outstanding Design and Innovation, Winner
– Play It Green Award 2018 by affili.com, Winner
– Innovation Award 2018 by Kind & Jugend Fair, Nominated
– German Design Award 2019, Category Product Design, Winner
– Blickfang Design Preis 2018, Designmesse 2018 Bern, Winner
– Henry van de Velde Award 2019, Category Ecodesign, Winner
– REHOGAR Exhibition, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Madrid, Valencia
– Taiwan Design Expo, Taichung
– Indonesian Contemporary Art and Design Festival, Jakarta
– Giult Free? Exhibition by FranklinTill on the occasion of London Design Week, London
– Ecover Pop Up Space, Antwerp
– Museum of Art and Cultural History Dortmund, Exhibition “Auf Möbel. SitzPolsterModen”, Dortmund
– V&A Childhood Museum, ecoBirdy chair Charlie part of permanent collection, London
– Allizé-Plasturgie, “Plastic, precious metal. Join the ring of circular economy”, Lyon