After our launch in January 2018, we have received numerous invitations from exhibitions and museums worldwide to showcase pieces of our debut collection of kid-sized furniture entirely made out of recycled plastic.
V&A Museum of Childhood – UK’s National Museum of Childhood which is the largest institution of its kind in the world – has selected ecoBirdy chair Charlie to be added to its permanent collection of children’s furniture pieces. Also ADAM Brussels Design Museum has added chair Charlie to its permanents collection, while the Museum of Applied Arts Vienna exhibits ecoBirdy chair Charlie and container Kiwi within their permanent collection.
Other exhibitions and museums that have invited ecoBirdy to exhibit pieces of its collection include Taiwan Design Expo in Taichung, Taiwan Design Museum, Museum of Design in Plastics in Bournemouth, REHOGAR Exhibitions all over Spain, Indonesian Contemporary Art and Design Festival in Jakarta, Museum of Art and Cultural History Dortmund, Giult Free? Exhibition by FranklinTill at London Design District on the occasion of London Design Week 2018. Chair Charlie is also part of Grand Designs Live in London and Birmingham, shown as one of the top five Green Heroes selected by Kevin McCloud.
- V&A Childhood Museum, London – permanent collection. UK
- ADAM Brussels Design Museum, Brussels – permanent collection. Belgium
- MAK Design Lab at Museum of Applied Arts, Vienna – permanent collection. Austria
- Museum of Design in Plastics, Arts University Bournemouth – permanent collection. UK
- Museum of Art and Cultural History, Dortmund. Germany
- “Future Cross Boundaries” at Taiwan Design Museum, Taipei. Taiwan
- Taiwan Design Expo 2018, Taichung. Taiwan
- German Design Award Exhibition, Frankfurt. Germany
- Henry van de Velde Awards 2018 Winners Exhibition, Brussels. Belgium
- “The Upward Spiral that we wonder” at Shenzhen International Furniture Exhibition, Shenzhen. China
- Framelab, Amsterdam. Netherlands
- REHOGAR Exhibition in Barcelona + Valencia + Madrid + San Sebastian. Spain
- Grand Designs Live, London and Birmingham. UK
- Indonesian Contemporary Art and Design Festival, Jakarta. Indonesia
- “Sea of Plastic” Exhibition at Superstudio Più, Milan. Italy
- Guilt Free? Exhibition by FranklinTill, London. UK
- Ecover Pop Up Space, Antwerp. Belgium
- “Plastic, precious metal. Join the ring of circular economy” by Allizé-Plasturgie, Lyon. France
- Play it Green Exhibition by afilii, Cologne. Germany
- Guiltlessplastic, Gallery Rossana Olandi, Milan. Italy